Thursday, June 7, 2007

To continue reposting my motif from the old blog.

Motif 11.

This is the second thread I received from Maria Silva of Alvide, Portugal. It is a very thick thread from Coats called Ancora. It is made in Portugal and if I read the tag correctly it is size 12. The pattern is an edging from the February 1952 Workbasket


Motif 12.

This thread was given to me by Faye Hunt of Clawson, MI. It is Auver a sole silk color 494. The pattern is from the July 1952 Workbasket. The silk was great to work with, but I've got to remember to not do dimpled rings with fine thread! It breaks too easily when closing a ring. I suppose my bane in life is going to be dimpled rings.



Motif 13.

This is a second thread given to me by Faye Hunt. It is Finca Size 16 color no. 30. The pattern is from the May 1953 Workbasket.



Motif 14.

This is a third thread given to me by Debbie Arnold. It is also a Valdani thread but instead of a quilting thread, which I am familiar with, it is a perle cotton! I've never seen this before. The size is 12 and the color is no. M21 (Treasures). It tats pretty much like perle cotton too; quite soft.

The pattern is from the June 1952 Workbasket. What you are seeing at the top of the chains is rickrack tatting. (4 first half of a ds followed by 4 second half of a ds and repeated)


Motif 15.

This thread came to me from Lisa Sipe of Centralia, Washington. It is Flora Size 20 in a yellow-white variegated. The pattern is from the August 1968 Workbasket.




Motif 16.

Susan Taliaferro gave me both the thread and the pattern for this motif. This very pretty heart is Susan's own design. I have her email addy if you want to contact her for the pattern. The thread is Caron Size 10 and the color is Baby Rainbow.



Motif 17.

This thread was given to me by Polly Womack of Los Alamitos, CA. It is Rainbow Linen. The thread was very difficult to tat with because it is thick and rough. The knots kept catching on the core thread as I tried to draw them up tight so you can see where my ds' are
a bit uneven. The pattern is from the September 1954 Workbasket.




Motif 18.

This is the first of 3 threads given to me by Diane Jenkins. It is Olympus Size 40, but I don't have the color number. The pattern is from the October 1950 Workbasket.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words about my heart and the thread...

The pattern is on my web site for anyone to try...

http://www.susansplanet.bravehost.com/index.htm

Susan Taliaferro